Finally new raylib 1.6 is ready! This version commemorates raylib 3rd anniversary!
Main features for thsi new version are:
- Complete raylib LUA binding. All raylib functions plus the +60 code examples have been ported to LUA, now LUA users can enjoy coding videogames in LUA while using all the internal power of raylib.
- Completely redesigned audio module. Based on the new direction taken in raylib 1.5, it has been further improved and more functionality added (+20 new functions) to allow raw audio processing and streaming.
- Physac module has been moved to its own repository and it has been improved A LOT, actually, library has been completely rewritten from scratch by @victorfisac
, multiple samples have been added together with countless new features to match current standard 2D physic libraries. Results are amazing!
- Camera and gestures modules have been reviewed, highly simplified and ported to single-file header-only libraries for easier portability and usage flexibility.
- Improved Gamepad support on Windows and Raspberry Pi with the addition of new functions for custom gamepad configurations but supporting by default PS3 and Xbox-based gamepads.
- Improved textures and text functionality, adding new functions for texture filtering control and better TTF/AngelCode fonts loading and generation support.
- Build system improvement. Added support for raylib dynamic library generation (raylib.dll) for users that prefer dynamic library linking. Also added a pre-configured Visual Studio C++ 2015 solution with raylib project and C/C++ examples for users that prefer that professional IDE and compiler.
For a detailed list of changes, check CHANGELOG (https://github.com/raysan5/raylib/blob/master/CHANGELOG
You can download raylib Windows Installer package from itch.io: https://raysan5.itch.io/raylib
Or if you prefer, you can also download it from GitHub release: https://github.com/raysan5/raylib/releases/tag/1.6.0
Just enjoy learning with raylib 1.6!