Hola!

edited May 10 in Say Hello!
Hi!

I am Fernando and it's nice to be here. I have made a couple of free games before using other game libraries and engines, and I want to keep growing as a game developer. My dream, that I'm sure many of you will share, is to live making new and creative games some day.

I'm 24 years old. I studied electronics formally and programming more as an autodidact. I don't consider myself to be an expert in absolutely anything and I'm constantly trying to learn.

I live and was born in Argentina, so English is not my first language, but I think my writing skills are at least, decent. But sorry if you find some mistake. For what I understand, Raysan is from Spain, así que... saludos, compañero del lenguaje español!

I've been exploring raylib for some days now, and I'm really enjoying it's simplicity and it's portability. And I specially love the idea of being able to program for new and old computers alike, having support for very old versions of OpenGL. To me this is a really big advantage. Today, I feel that the majority of new games end up requiring the player to have a reasonably recent computer, even if they have an aesthetic that try to emulate the graphics of 25 years old consoles, because they use very big engines designed to have last-generation graphics to make pixel-art games, and forget to worry at least a little about performance.

If you want, you can see my games in my itch.io page: https://fernando-j-scherf.itch.io/
There you will find an arcade-like game and a graphic adventure game. The adventure is, sadly, only available in Spanish.

Comments

• Hola FernandoJS, bienvenido al foro! :smiley:

I also studied Electronic Engineering and I'm also constantly learning new things and working in new project, actually, raylib is probably my biggest project to date (around 4 years in development).

Glad to read you enjoyed raylib, simplicity is the key objective for the library, I use it with my students to teach them videogames programming, most of them have never written a line of code and come from art background... surprysingly, they end up coding their own games in just 60 class-hours!!! When they ask me for a computer to learn games coding, I always recommend them the oldest one they can find! :wink:

Just checked your games and I love "Una noche de pánico con Rita Garcia", it looks great! What engine did you use to create this game? Löve2D?
  • Gracias por la cálida bienvenida!

I am not an engineer, sadly. I studied three years in an institute of tertiary education and got my title of "Técnico Superior en Electrónica", that I suppose translates to "Superior Electronic Technician". Later, I did actually study a year and a half of Electronic Engineering, but I didn't continue.

I'm so glad you like Una noche de pánico! I worked for months on that game and I'm very proud of the result, though it's a small game. I used Löve for Planet Lander, and for Rita, I used Adventure Game Studio, which is, as the name indicates, oriented to adventure games development.