Legal question

Hi,I'm working on TicTacToe (a simple game) and I would change my old makefile to a one of raylib template, that is licensed under the zlib license. The problem is that I don't understand how to modify the makefile for my purposes and apply the license.
The question is: my project is under the MIT license, while makefile of raylib template is under the zlib. If I want to modify this makefile, what should I modify? Something like this?

# TicTacToe Makefile
#
# This is a modified version of makefile template of raylib repository. The original version is licensed
# under the unmodified zlib/libpng license.

#**************************************************************************************************
#
# raylib - Advance Game
#
# makefile to compile advance game for desktop platforms, Raspberry Pi and HTML5 (emscripten)
#
# Copyright (c) 2014 Ramon Santamaria (Ray San - raysan@raysanweb.com)
#
# This software is provided "as-is", without any express or implied warranty. In no event
# will the authors be held liable for any damages arising from the use of this software.
#
# Permission is granted to anyone to use this software for any purpose, including commercial
# applications, and to alter it and redistribute it freely, subject to the following restrictions:
#
# 1. The origin of this software must not be misrepresented; you must not claim that you
# wrote the original software. If you use this software in a product, an acknowledgment
# in the product documentation would be appreciated but is not required.
#
# 2. Altered source versions must be plainly marked as such, and must not be misrepresented
# as being the original software.
#
# 3. This notice may not be removed or altered from any source distribution.
#
#**************************************************************************************************

Should I insert my copyright notice? Can I change license?

Comments

• I've a solution: I insert my license (with my copyright), after I insert "For the snippet ... taken from ..., the following license also applies:" with the zlib license (and Ray San's copyright).
    It is right?
  • Hi LelixSuper! zlib/libpng license is a very permissive license with not many clauses, you can just add the new license below.
  • Ok, really thanks!