Hey! raylib forum is closing!

After a year with not much movement in the forum I decided to close it.

The cost of maintaining the hosting is a bit high for the usage of the platform, updating the forum and managing it is also a bit cumbersome and the truth is that I'm already trying to maintain multiple other networks pretty more active than this forum.

I'll recommend you to move to the other raylib networks:

- For a forum style, use Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/raylib/
- For direct messaging and questions, use Discord: https://discord.gg/VkzNHUE
- To report issues, use GitHub: https://github.com/raysan5/raylib

- Also, remember you can contact me personally on Twitter: https://twitter.com/raysan5 or directly by mail to ray[at]raylib.com

If you feel generous, you can also contribute to the project on my Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/raylib

Thanks to you all for joining the project and help to improve it with your questions. Keep it up! :)

Best Regards,

Ray

PD. Closing will be effective by October 31th.

Raylib mingw compilation problem

Hi
I hope that I can find some answers , thank you very much
how to compile Raylib source with mingw for windows x86 and x64?
how to compile Raylib game with mingw for windows and other platforms?
when compile a game with mingw32-make does this include raylib dll inside the builded exe ? I mean is all raylib .h .c files compiled inside the game ?is it no need to copy raylib dll with game.exe ?

I compiled and get this error:
> C:\raylib\raylib\src>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP
> ar rcs ../release/libs/win32/mingw32/libraylib.a core.o shapes.o textures.o text.o models.o utils.o rglfw.o audio.o stb_vorbis.o mini_al.o
> ar: ../release/libs/win32/mingw32/libraylib.a: No such file or directory
> Makefile:518: recipe for target 'raylib' failed
> mingw32-make: *** [raylib] Error 1

Thank You Very Much

Comments

• when compiled with : C:\raylib\raylib\src>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP -B
    I got this :
    gcc -c models.c -O1 -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -Werror=pointer-arith -fno-strict-aliasing -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -I. -Iexternal -Iexternal/glfw/include -DPLATFORM_DESKTOP -DGRAPHICS_API_OPENGL_33
    models.c: In function 'MeshBinormals':
    models.c:2209:17: warning: unused variable 'binormal' [-Wunused-variable]
    Vector3 binormal = Vector3Multiply(Vector3CrossProduct(normal, tangent), tangentW);
    ^~~~~~~~
    gcc -c utils.c -O1 -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -Werror=pointer-arith -fno-strict-aliasing -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -I. -Iexternal -Iexternal/glfw/include -DPLATFORM_DESKTOP
    gcc -c rglfw.c -O1 -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -Werror=pointer-arith -fno-strict-aliasing -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -I. -Iexternal -Iexternal/glfw/include -DPLATFORM_DESKTOP -DGRAPHICS_API_OPENGL_33
    In file included from external/glfw/src/internal.h:186:0,
    from external/glfw/src/context.c:28,
    from rglfw.c:52:
    external/glfw/src/win32_platform.h:66:20: fatal error: dinput.h: No such file or directory
    # include dinput.h

compilation terminated.
    Makefile:531: recipe for target 'rglfw.o' failed
    mingw32-make: *** [rglfw.o] Error 1
  • That's related to mingw32 version, try updating to mingw32-w64
  • Thank you very much for replay
    even in notepad++ when selecting raylib_makefile and try to build raylib.h I got this :

gcc -c external/mini_al.c -O1 -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -Werror=pointer-arith -fno-strict-aliasing -Werror=implicit-function-declaration -I. -Iexternal -Iexternal/glfw/include -DPLATFORM_DESKTOP
    ar rcs ../release/libs/win32/mingw32/libraylib.a core.o shapes.o textures.o text.o models.o utils.o rglfw.o audio.o stb_vorbis.o mini_al.o
    ar: ../release/libs/win32/mingw32/libraylib.a: No such file or directory
    mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:518: raylib] Error 1

raylib_source_compile shows no error but there is no compiled files in src
  • I instaled mingw32-w64 and changed the environment variable and get the same error

C:\raylib\raylib\src>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP
    ar rcs ../release/libs/win32/mingw32/libraylib.a core.o shapes.o textures.o text.o models.o utils.o rglfw.o audio.o stb_vorbis.o mini_al.o
    ar: ../release/libs/win32/mingw32/libraylib.a: No such file or directory
    mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:518: raylib] Error 1
  • oh, I see, just create the folder C:/raylib/raylib/release/libs/win32/mingw32
  • Thank you for replay
    it produce libraylib.a not a dll
    trying to compile examples got:
    C:\raylib\raylib\examples\models>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP
    mingw32-make: *** No targets specified and no makefile found. Stop.
  • Ok , this C:\raylib\raylib\examples>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP
    compiled all examples at once.

makefile is needed to compile one example, how to get this makefile ?
  • Use: C:\raylib\raylib\examples>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_DESKTOP core/core_basic_window
  • Thanks for reply
    wow the line worked, thak you
    before that I used an edited makefile from templates
    still dont know how to produce x86 & x64 dll from mingw
  • compiling to other platforms :
    1-WEB
    C:\raylib\raylib\templates\standard_game>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_WEB
    mingw32-make standard_game
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/raylib/raylib/templates/standard_game'
    emcc -c standard_game.c -o standard_game.o -O1 -s -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -s USE_GLFW=3 -s ASSERTIONS=1 -s WASM=1 --profiling --preload-file resources --shell-file ../..\templates\web_shell\shell.html -I. -I../../release/include -I../../src -I../../src/external -DPLATFORM_WEB
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, emcc -c standard_game.c -o standard_game.o -O1 -s -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -s USE_GLFW=3 -s ASSERTIONS=1 -s WASM=1 --profiling --preload-file resources --shell-file ../..\templates\web_shell\shell.html -I. -I../../release/include -I../../src -I../../src/external -DPLATFORM_WEB, ...) failed.
    make (e=2): The system cannot find the file specified.
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [Makefile:307: standard_game.o] Error 2
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/raylib/raylib/templates/standard_game'
    mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:298: all] Error 2

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    2-RPI
    C:\raylib\raylib\templates\standard_game>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_RPI
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, uname, ...) failed.
    mingw32-make: Makefile:80: pipe: No error
    mingw32-make standard_game
    mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory 'C:/raylib/raylib/templates/standard_game'
    process_begin: CreateProcess(NULL, uname, ...) failed.
    mingw32-make[1]: Makefile:80: pipe: No error
    gcc -c standard_game.c -o standard_game.o -O1 -s -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -std=gnu99 -I. -I../../release/include -I../../src -I../../src/external -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -DPLATFORM_RPI
    gcc -o standard_game standard_game.o screens/screen_logo.o screens/screen_title.o screens/screen_options.o screens/screen_gameplay.o screens/screen_ending.o -O1 -s -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -std=gnu99 -I. -I../../release/include -I../../src -I../../src/external -I/opt/vc/include -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vmcs_host/linux -I/opt/vc/include/interface/vcos/pthreads -L. -L../../release/libs/rpi -L../../src -L/opt/vc/lib -lraylib -lbrcmGLESv2 -lbrcmEGL -lpthread -lrt -lm -lbcm_host -ldl -DPLATFORM_RPI
    C:/raylib/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.2.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lbrcmGLESv2
    C:/raylib/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.2.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lbrcmEGL
    C:/raylib/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.2.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lrt
    C:/raylib/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.2.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -lbcm_host
    C:/raylib/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/7.2.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ldl
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    mingw32-make[1]: *** [Makefile:302: standard_game] Error 1
    mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory 'C:/raylib/raylib/templates/standard_game'
    mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:298: all] Error 2

------------------------------------------------------------------
    3-UWP
    C:\raylib\raylib\templates\standard_game>mingw32-make PLATFORM=PLATFORM_UWP standard_game
    gcc -o standard_game standard_game.o screens/screen_logo.o screens/screen_title.o screens/screen_options.o screens/screen_gameplay.o screens/screen_ending.o -O1 -s -Wall -std=c99 -D_DEFAULT_SOURCE -Wno-missing-braces -I. -I../../release/include -I../../src -I../../src/external -L. -L../../release/libs -L../../src -DPLATFORM_UWP
    standard_game.o:standard_game.c:(.text+0x26): undefined reference to `InitWindow'
    standard_game.o:standard_game.c:(.text+0x41): undefined reference to `SetTargetFPS'
    standard_game.o:standard_game.c:(.text+0x59): undefined reference to `BeginDrawing'
    standard_game.o:standard_game.c:(.text+0x65): undefined reference to `ClearBackground'
    standard_game.o:standard_game.c:(.text+0x167): undefined reference to `EndDrawing'
    standard_game.o:standard_game.c:(.text+0x16c): undefined reference to `WindowShouldClose'
    standard_game.o:standard_game.c:(.text+0x1aa): undefined reference to `CloseWindow'
    screens/screen_logo.o:screen_logo.c:(.text+0x5e): undefined reference to `DrawText'
    screens/screen_logo.o:screen_logo.c:(.text+0x8a): undefined reference to `DrawText'
    screens/screen_title.o:screen_title.c:(.text+0x16): undefined reference to `IsKeyPressed'
    screens/screen_title.o:screen_title.c:(.text+0x34): undefined reference to `IsGestureDetected'
    screens/screen_title.o:screen_title.c:(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `GetScreenHeight'
    screens/screen_title.o:screen_title.c:(.text+0x4a): undefined reference to `GetScreenWidth'
    screens/screen_title.o:screen_title.c:(.text+0x6e): undefined reference to `DrawRectangle'
    screens/screen_title.o:screen_title.c:(.text+0x9a): undefined reference to `DrawText'
    screens/screen_title.o:screen_title.c:(.text+0xc6): undefined reference to `DrawText'
    screens/screen_gameplay.o:screen_gameplay.c:(.text+0x16): undefined reference to `IsKeyPressed'
    screens/screen_gameplay.o:screen_gameplay.c:(.text+0x34): undefined reference to `IsGestureDetected'
    screens/screen_gameplay.o:screen_gameplay.c:(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `GetScreenHeight'
    screens/screen_gameplay.o:screen_gameplay.c:(.text+0x4a): undefined reference to `GetScreenWidth'
    screens/screen_gameplay.o:screen_gameplay.c:(.text+0x6e): undefined reference to `DrawRectangle'
    screens/screen_gameplay.o:screen_gameplay.c:(.text+0x9a): undefined reference to `DrawText'
    screens/screen_gameplay.o:screen_gameplay.c:(.text+0xc6): undefined reference to `DrawText'
    screens/screen_ending.o:screen_ending.c:(.text+0x16): undefined reference to `IsKeyPressed'
    screens/screen_ending.o:screen_ending.c:(.text+0x34): undefined reference to `IsGestureDetected'
    screens/screen_ending.o:screen_ending.c:(.text+0x43): undefined reference to `GetScreenHeight'
    screens/screen_ending.o:screen_ending.c:(.text+0x4a): undefined reference to `GetScreenWidth'
    screens/screen_ending.o:screen_ending.c:(.text+0x6e): undefined reference to `DrawRectangle'
    screens/screen_ending.o:screen_ending.c:(.text+0x9a): undefined reference to `DrawText'
    screens/screen_ending.o:screen_ending.c:(.text+0xc6): undefined reference to `DrawText'
    collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
    mingw32-make: *** [Makefile:302: standard_game] Error 1